Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The "WHY's" in LOVE

Exhausting, Aggravating, Impossible, Tiring... Hurtful.
Why does it always have to be that way? Can't everybody just be happy? Why does loving someone always have to hurt twice as much than it makes you happy?

These are the questions I usually hear from a lot of depressed people. I, myself, have asked these questions a few times before. And believe me, everytime I utter these words, I bear a GREAT deal of pain.

And to overcome that "great deal of pain", instead of gobbling lots of sleeping pills or trying to slit my wrists, I was able to come up with simple yet sensible answers to these unbelievable questions. I would like to share them with you, if you don't mind.

Why does it always have to hurt?
Because only by being hurt will we be able to learn. For every unnecessary mistake and bitter experience, a scar will be carved in our hearts and minds, and that scar will always remind us of what we should or should not do the next time we fall inlove. So if it doesn't work out for the both of you, just think of it as another wound that would heal in time and eventually become a scar.

Why isn't s/he the one?
Some people just come into our lives to teach us a lesson, (or, as a matter of speaking, "give you a scar") but they just can't stay. Why? because somebody better will eventually push them out of your life... until the right one comes. What you should do is to accept from the start that no matter how you love him/her, there is a possibility that s/he is not the one for you.
You shouldn't hold on to someone too tight so that when time comes that s/he has to leave, you wouldn't be hurt too much to the point that you would want to kill yourself. :o

How would I know if s/he is "the one"?
That's the art of it--- you don't have to know! See, if you knew that s/he isn't "the one", would you give your all? Ofcourse not. Probably, there wouldn't even be any love at all! So, in other words, you wouldn't be hurt a bit. And remember when I told you that only by being hurt will you be able to learn? So, how would you learn anything if you wouldn't be affected at all? What I'm trying to say is that treat every one that comes into your life like s/he is "the one", because you'll just
never know if what you have now is irreplaceable. Just remember, don't hold on too tight. :)

I hope that somehow, I've helped the hopeless... I know how it feels, you know, because I once was one of 'em...
(And it hurts like hell... T_T)

No comments: